Who we are
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide when you use our Services or otherwise engage or communicate with us as described below.
- Identity Data, such as your name, date of birth, marital status, social security number, biometric identifiers, and other data on government-issued identification documents;
- Contact Data, such as your email address, mailing address, and telephone number;
- Financial Data, such as your bank account and payment card details, and information about your income, account balances, financial transaction history, credit history, tax information, and credit scores;
- Profile Data, such as your username and password, your knowledge assessment results, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses;
- Stored Content, such as photos from your mobile phone gallery or contacts stored in your mobile device or email accounts. We only collect this information with your permission; and
- Additional Data You Provide, such as via focus groups, survey responses, contests/sweepstakes, customer support, or other means.
Information We Collect Automatically
As is true of many digital platforms, we also collect certain information about you automatically when you use our Services, as described below.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity on our Services, which includes device identifiers (like IP address or mobile device identifiers), pages or features you use, time and date of access, and other similar usage information.
- Transactional Information. When you receive, submit, or complete a transaction via the Services, we collect information about the transaction, such as transaction amount, type and nature of the transaction, and time and date of the transaction.
- Information Collected Through Tracking Technologies. We and our service providers also use technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to automatically collect certain types of usage and device information when you use our Services or interact with our emails. The information collected through these technologies includes your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique device or account ID, usage information and other similar information. For information about how to disable cookies, please see the Your Controls section below.
Disclosures of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we share information about you. We share information about you in the instances described below.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share information about you with third-party vendors and service providers who perform services for us, such as identification verification, fraud prevention, advertising, mailing services, tax and accounting services, contest fulfillment, web hosting, and analytics services. We use an identification verification service provider to determine whether a selfie you take matches the photo in your government-issued identification. With your consent, we may record your voice and send this data to our third-party partner to authenticate you and to help prevent fraud. The information collected from your photo and your voice by our third-party vendors may include biometric data.
- Companies in which you hold securities. MCS may provide your name, address, email address, and securities positions to requesting companies in which you hold securities.
- MCS affiliates. Where appropriate, we share information about you with other companies owned or controlled by MCS.
- Substantial corporate transactions. We may share information about you in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, a merger, consolidation, reorganization, financing, change in control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by a third party, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
- Legal purposes. We disclose information about you if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process or to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of MCS, our users, or the public.
- With your consent. We share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you with your consent.
We share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise de-identified form that does not reasonably identify you.